The Third Coast CFAR invites applications for a new Associate Research Administrator position. Competitive candidates will have at least one year of financial or administrative support experience in a research environment, demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively, and be action oriented. Please contact Christy Allen, email@example.com, CFAR research administrator, with questions about this position.
Search for Job ID 48192 on Northwestern’s career website to see the full position description.
Provides administrative assistance and routine problem solving in support of unit’s research programs and mission. Assistance may include the preparation and/or submission of routine research proposals, grants and/or contracts according to standard practice, and/or general instruction. May assist with and/or complete proposal submissions, prepare information used in grant budgets, process and project financial transactions, and/or contribute to reporting activities.
- Completes pre-award administration of grant and/or contract activities.
- Reviews solicitation and determines necessary components.
- Organizes proposal, renewal and resubmission applications.
- Completes NU OSR forms.
- Completes entire application for smaller, less-complicated, simple, standard proposals.
- Completes post-award administration of research grants and/or contracts.
- Reviews account establishment.
- Reviews expenditures.
- Tracks formal re-budgeting.
- Coordinates core resource account setup and maintenance.
- Provides data needed for the preparation of interim and final financial and technical progress reports.
- Participates in account close out activities.
- Monitors project underspending and overspending.
- Communicates with PI, other unit and project personnel, OSR, ASRSP and/or sponsor accordingly.
- Reviews and/or approves transactions.
- Reconciles standard budget and payroll information ensuring that appropriate sponsored accounts are charged.
- Prepares payroll journals to enter or correct funding of salary from sponsored projects.
- Prepares and coordinates signatures on 90-day letters required when transactions are not timely.
- Processes paperwork associated with hiring and termination of employees and orient new employees.
- Resolves standard and routine compliance problems and issues involving associated NU policies and practices; local, state, federal, agency and sponsor rules, regulations and requirements regarding grant and/or contract administration.
- Becomes familiar with regulations involving research safety, animal subjects, and human subjects.
- Alerts supervisor to potential higher risk compliance issues including research safety, animal subjects, and human subjects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- One year financial or administrative support experience in a research environment or other relevant experience.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.