In March 2021, Third Coast CFAR member Robert Garofalo, MD, MPH, published When Dogs Heal: Powerful Stories of People Living with HIV and the Dogs That Saved Them with LGBTQ advocate and journalist Zach Stafford, award-winning dog photographer Jesse Freidin, and TV writer and journalist Christina Garofalo. The book uses portraits and interviews about how loving a dog has helped people learn to cope with stigma and to love themselves. The book is available on Collected Works Bookstore and Amazon. A portion of the proceeds will go to Fred Says to support HIV-positive youth.
- Applications Open: HIV Protein Interactions Collaboration Award Program at University of Pittsburgh
- 2022 CFARs Gather for Annual Meeting
- Research Project Manager – ISCI
- All that AIDS Erased: A Conversation with Sarah Schulman and Michael O’Loughlin
- T32 Postdoctoral Fellow in Translational Science, HIV, and Sexual and Gender Minority Health
- Congratulations to 2022 CFAR and EHE Supplement Awardees