In March 2021, Third Coast CFAR member Robert Garofalo, MD, MPH, published When Dogs Heal: Powerful Stories of People Living with HIV and the Dogs That Saved Them with LGBTQ advocate and journalist Zach Stafford, award-winning dog photographer Jesse Freidin, and TV writer and journalist Christina Garofalo. The book uses portraits and interviews about how loving a dog has helped people learn to cope with stigma and to love themselves. The book is available on Collected Works Bookstore and Amazon. A portion of the proceeds will go to Fred Says to support HIV-positive youth.
- 2022 Pepper Scholars Program Application
- NIH Releases Report on First Year of Ending the HIV Epidemic
- Black Queer Equity Index Reveal Event
- New Basic Science Collaborative Innovation Awards
- Physician Scientist Positions at the University of Chicago
- Fred Says Foundation Awards $200,000 for World AIDS Day