In March 2021, Third Coast CFAR member Robert Garofalo, MD, MPH, published When Dogs Heal: Powerful Stories of People Living with HIV and the Dogs That Saved Them with LGBTQ advocate and journalist Zach Stafford, award-winning dog photographer Jesse Freidin, and TV writer and journalist Christina Garofalo. The book uses portraits and interviews about how loving a dog has helped people learn to cope with stigma and to love themselves. The book is available on Collected Works Bookstore and Amazon. A portion of the proceeds will go to Fred Says to support HIV-positive youth.
- Basic Science Collaborative Innovation Awards
- Call for Abstracts – Poster Presentations
- Planning for Success Grant Writing Fellowship Applications Due October 18
- Congratulations to 2021 Supplement Awardees
- Combination Treatment May Prolong HIV Viral Suppression
- Developmental Core Announces First R01 Services