In March 2021, Third Coast CFAR member Robert Garofalo, MD, MPH, published When Dogs Heal: Powerful Stories of People Living with HIV and the Dogs That Saved Them with LGBTQ advocate and journalist Zach Stafford, award-winning dog photographer Jesse Freidin, and TV writer and journalist Christina Garofalo. The book uses portraits and interviews about how loving a dog has helped people learn to cope with stigma and to love themselves. The book is available on Collected Works Bookstore and Amazon. A portion of the proceeds will go to Fred Says to support HIV-positive youth.
- Congratulations to Awardees of Supplemental Funds for Research Impacted by COVID-19
- CFAR Core Director Judy Moskowitz Awarded Feinberg’s Mentor of the Year
- Research Project Manager, LGBT Adolescent Health Position at ISGMH
- Applications Open March 2023: Principles of STI/HIV Research Virtual Course at University of Washington
- HARC Center PIs Present Third Coast CFAR Seminar
- CFAR Core Director Reflects on National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day in ACTG Newsletter