In March 2021, Third Coast CFAR member Robert Garofalo, MD, MPH, published When Dogs Heal: Powerful Stories of People Living with HIV and the Dogs That Saved Them with LGBTQ advocate and journalist Zach Stafford, award-winning dog photographer Jesse Freidin, and TV writer and journalist Christina Garofalo. The book uses portraits and interviews about how loving a dog has helped people learn to cope with stigma and to love themselves. The book is available on Collected Works Bookstore and Amazon. A portion of the proceeds will go to Fred Says to support HIV-positive youth.
- Pivoting Past Roadblocks in Translation: Sustained Long-acting HIV Prevention Symposium on June 27
- Hultquist Publication – CRISPR and HIV: New technique in human blood unveils potential paths toward cure
- RFA: Pilot Awards for Research on HIV and HIV-related Comorbidities
- CFAR Core Manager Position
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Epidemiology at Temple University
- Postdoctoral Scholar in Integrated Research (HIV, Hepatitis C, COVID-19 and Substance Use Disorder) at the University of Chicago