In March 2021, Third Coast CFAR member Robert Garofalo, MD, MPH, published When Dogs Heal: Powerful Stories of People Living with HIV and the Dogs That Saved Them with LGBTQ advocate and journalist Zach Stafford, award-winning dog photographer Jesse Freidin, and TV writer and journalist Christina Garofalo. The book uses portraits and interviews about how loving a dog has helped people learn to cope with stigma and to love themselves. The book is available on Collected Works Bookstore and Amazon. A portion of the proceeds will go to Fred Says to support HIV-positive youth.
- Brandon Hill, PhD to Lead HBH Center for Education, Research, and Advocacy
- Darnell Motley, Clinical Community Psychologist, Promotes Sexual Health Among Those with Multiple Forms of Oppression
- NOSI: Epidemiology Research To Evaluate Impact of COVID-19 on the HIV Epidemic
- RFI: Developing Consent Language for Future Use of Data and Biospecimens (NOT-OD-21-131)
- NOT-AI-21-057 HIV in the Era of COVID-19: When Pandemics Collide (R01 and R21)
- Support for NIH Diversity Supplements in HIV Research