Please note: This opportunity is currently for remote work. In-person activities will not begin until deemed safe by medical experts.
This position is relationship oriented, and has a primary objective to develop, build, and support community and academic partners to conduct meaningful research related to COVID-19 testing in underserved and vulnerable populations, with a highlight on Hispanic communities. This position will work closely with Dr. Namratha Kandula on an NIH funded research project to coordinate community engagement activities across study sites, evaluate project outcomes from a stakeholder perspective, and lead and implement Stakeholder-Academic Resource Panels (ShARP).
The NIH funded project is known as the Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx) initiative and aims to improve COVID- 19 testing for populations disproportionately affected by the pandemic. This position will join the Research Infrastructure team at the Center for Community Health (CCH), which is a center within the Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM). This team provides hands-on support to community engaged researchers at Northwestern University and beyond.
The Research Study Coordinator Sr. will help to implement a train-the-trainer model virtually to train each study site in conducting local ShARPs. This individual will also help to organize and support ShARP consultations at the Chicago study sites, including coordinating with community facilitators, managing compensation for participants, procuring transcription and translation services and meeting supplies and space, and coordinating some local travel or remote technology venues for meetings.
This position will also help research sites develop and maintain equitable community stakeholder partnerships, provide input and facilitation for the project’s community advisory board, and help evaluate engagement of community members in research.
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research studies.
- Reviews project & protocol & recommends strategies to expedite study.
- Recruits & retains participants.
- Obtains informed consent.
- Administers tests &/or questionnaires following protocols.
- Collects, compiles, tabulates &/or process responses.
- Gathers information.
Communication, Outreach & Recruitment
- Directs program/project marketing/branding efforts.
- Identifies and implements short- and long-term strategies and plans to meet program/project goals.
- Engages in outreach/field relations serving a number of goals, including recruitment, participation, sponsorship, relationship building, etc. to support continued program/project development & improvement.
- Interacts with internal/external resources & organizations to identify new markets & opportunities.
- Manages study databases which may include ensuring that data is collected & entered correctly.
- Reviews & analyzes data.
- Creates computer models, graphs, reports & summaries for use in publications, professional journals, & grant applications.
- May process payments for research participants per study protocol.
- Creates lab financial plan & budget/audit expenses.
- Obtains sales quotes for lab equipment & supplies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Instructions: Please search for opening 39390 to apply at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/