The HIV Vaccine Trials Network, in collaboration with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases of the National Institutes of Health, is investing in a young generation of HIV prevention researchers by providing African-American and Latinx medical students with opportunities to conduct independent research while receiving mentoring, project and salary funding, training, and professional development opportunities. The complete Request for Applications can be found at http://www.hvtn.org/ramp.
The deadline is January 4, 2021.
Grant recipients will be mentored by HVTN-affiliated investigators while conducting research projects in areas of basic, clinical, behavioral and social science. Projects will be:
Short -Term Projects: 8-10 weeks
- Timed with a summer break or fourth year research elective
- Travel to an HIV Vaccine Clinical Research Site in the US or abroad (if COVID has been controlled)
- Attend and present at an HVTN Conference
- Maximum award of $20,000
Long -Term Projects: 9-12 months
- Timed with a planned Master’s or doctoral program, or be a distinct, non-degree associated research-focused year
- Research at an HIV Vaccine Clinical Research Site in the US or abroad (if COVID has been controlled)
- Attend two scientific conferences, including presenting at the HVTN conference
- Maximum award of $70,000
Scholars will have the opportunity to apply to a research project of their interest. Project summaries for the 2021-2022 Cycle will be posted the week of December 1st, 2020 at the following link: http://www.hvtn.org/ramp.
To see projects of our current and former scholars, check out their profiles.
If you are interested in applying, visit http://www.hvtn.org/ramp, review the Request For Applications (RFA) and application materials. Carefully read the Request for Applications before applying. Applications are due via the web-based application form by 5:00 pm PST on January 4, 2021.
For more information:
All correspondence concerning the program should be addressed to Linda Oseso, MPH, RAMP Program Manager of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network at firstname.lastname@example.org.