ABOUT HOWARD BROWN HEALTH
At Howard Brown Health, we cultivate a passionate, innovative and empowered workforce committed to furthering our mission to eliminate health disparities and improve the lives of LGBTQ people. At Howard Brown we are deeply committed to diversity, racial equity, and LGBTQ liberation, recognizing that when our workforce represents the communities we serve, we enhance our own experiences and the quality of our services.
As part of the Center for Education, Research, and Advocacy, the Social & Behavioral Research Assistant works closely with the Social & Behavioral Research Manager to identify and recruit study participants for a variety of research studies, which may focus on patient linkage and retention in HIV care and treatment, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) implementation, social media outreach and engagement in primary care, etc. The Social & Behavioral Research Assistant assists the study investigators with day-to-day research activities at multiple clinical sites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and recruits potential research participants and screens them for eligibility through the electronic medical record (EMR) system and internal referrals
- Works in tandem with research partners to track and meet monthly deliverables
- Enrolls research participants, plans and conducts research study visits – some of which may include behavioral interventions
- Collects and stores data per protocol
- Completes data entry, data cleaning, and minimal data analysis as needed
- Tracks recruitment/enrollment efforts and study participant progress
- Collaborates with peers and research partners to retain and manage ongoing research activities and visits with participants
- Acts as liaison with clinical staff providing periodic study updates and reminders
- Other duties as assigned