HIV Research 4 Prevention (HIVR4P) will be held January 17-21, 2021. The planning committee is considering an in-person conference in Cape Town, a virtual conference, or a combination event featuring both in-person and virtual elements. The format will be announced in September 2020.
The deadline for abstract submissions and applications for research and community scholarships is July 23.
- Graduate students, fellows or junior faculty within two years of faculty appointment, who are actively involved in HIV prevention research;
- HIV Research areas may include, but is not limited to, basic science, product development, pre-clinical or clinical research, social and behavioral science, and public health;
- Being first author on an abstract submission to HIVR4P.
- Individuals who are actively involved in HIV prevention as a community advocate, educator, care provider or in a related prevention-focused role;
- Individuals who can effectively communicate knowledge gained at the conference to the communities they represent.
HIVR4P fosters interdisciplinary knowledge-exchange on HIV vaccines, microbicides, PrEP, treatment as prevention and biomedical interventions as well as their related social and behavioural implications.
The great strength of HIVR4P is the participation of researchers, policy makers, implementers and advocates working across the spectrum of biomedical interventions and scientific disciplines informing state-of-the-art HIV prevention from pre-clinical research through to implementation. View the program at-a-glance.