The Third Coast CFAR would like to congratulate Michelle Birkett, PhD, on her new R01, which will use simulation modeling to understand HIV disparities among racial and sexual minorities in Chicago. The project joins experts in HIV epidemiology, network science, computational modeling, and health disparities research from both Northwestern and the University of Chicago/Argonne National Laboratory. A core subsidy award from the CFAR aided Dr. Birkett and her team during the proposal development phase of the project.
- Brandon Hill, PhD to Lead HBH Center for Education, Research, and Advocacy
- Darnell Motley, Clinical Community Psychologist, Promotes Sexual Health Among Those with Multiple Forms of Oppression
- NOSI: Epidemiology Research To Evaluate Impact of COVID-19 on the HIV Epidemic
- RFI: Developing Consent Language for Future Use of Data and Biospecimens (NOT-OD-21-131)
- NOT-AI-21-057 HIV in the Era of COVID-19: When Pandemics Collide (R01 and R21)
- Support for NIH Diversity Supplements in HIV Research