Care2Prevent, University of Chicago’s Pediatric and Adolescent HIV Program, seeks a Program Director who will work under the direction of the Principal Investigator and Clinical Director to provide patient care, case management, behavioral health services, and prevention and outreach programs for people living with HIV and those who are most vulnerable to HIV infection. This position is wholly funded by contractual grant funding which is renewed under provisions set by the grantor of the contract. Employment will be contingent upon the continued receipt of these grant funds and satisfactory job performance.
- Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Executive Director is accountable for the day-to-day operations of Care2Prevent’s programs and works in partnership with the Principal Investigator to manage C2P’s program staff and programs. This includes ensuring that all programs deliver services in accordance with institutional and funder guidelines and meet stipulated performance metrics.
- Partners with grants administration to ensure that program pre-awards functions occur in a timely and accurate manner including budget preparation, work plan preparation, budget revisions, and timely completion of all required grant documentation.
- Works with section and departmental administration to ensure that the program’s supply, technology, and space needs are satisfied.
- Serves as the primary program liaison to the section and departmental administration related to the program’s human resource needs. This includes monitoring the timely submission of all job postings, ensuring interview processes occur in a timely fashion that adheres to institutional guidelines, oversees the performance evaluation process for the program, ensures all staff in supervisory roles are equipped to effectively manage direct reports, and is accountable for other human resource functions that arise as needed.
- Partners with the Principal Investigator and Director of Special Projects to identify, prioritize, and respond to funding opportunities that align with Care2Prevent’s mission and vision and to develop new programs. This could include local, state, federal, and philanthropic funding opportunities.
- Partners with the C2P Leadership team to evaluate all C2P programs on an ongoing basis and develop a program-wide quality improvement plan with measurable program, team, and individual metrics.
- Represents C2P in meetings of internal and external stakeholders including community planning bodies, current or potential funders, and collaborators on C2P programs and projects.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include: 1) A college or university degree in related field; and Knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
Preferred qualifications: 1) Advanced degree in human services field (e.g., public health, social work, nonprofit management, healthcare administration, public policy, psychology, etc.) from an accredited college/university.