The Social and Behavioral Research Project Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Social and Behavioral Research to implement and supervise several research studies across multiple medical sites. Individual should have a successful track record of meeting recruitment goals, working with multiple stakeholders, and adapting to different research protocols to ensure compliance. The Project Coordinator will manage research assistants and oversee that monthly deliverables are being met through daily project operations. In addition, they will be responsible for training, assisting with the recruitment and retention of study participants, specimen collection, data collection and data management activities in the facilitation of projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Director of Social and Behavioral Research regarding design, development, and implementation of project protocols, budgets, and procedures.
- Coordinate and implement procedures to collect data from patient medical records and ensure protocol compliance through quality assurance.
- Facilitate trainings to clinic personnel regarding study specific procedures.
- Oversee and complete daily, weekly, and other data procedures in accordance with study specific protocols and site-specific procedures, including daily data backups and transfers, maintenance of study databases, and maintenance of paper files.
- Develop, maintain, and update as necessary site – specific protocols and procedures.
- Monitor adherence to project protocol and budget to ensure contract compliance.
- Interview, train, and supervise project staff and volunteers.
- Maintain, manage, and oversee project inventory.
- Act as primary liaison to funding and contractual representatives.
- Assist in the coordination of individual participant visits.
- Ensure compliance of protocol guidelines, study specific SOPs, FDA, OHRP, CDC and applicable regulations.
- Oversee study operations to ensure minimal risk to participants and participant confidentiality and ensure daily operations are consistent with current IRB approvals.
- Work with other department coordinators, Director of Social and Behavioral Research, and Principal Investigators to forward the growth of the Education, Research, and Advocacy (ERA) department, according to its mission, vision and core values.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Read more here.