The Deadline has been extended to register for the HIV and Aging Workshop that will be held in conjunction with an HIV and Aging conference, “HIV & Aging: From Mitochondria to the Metropolis,” scheduled for November 16-17 at the Decatur Marriott in Atlanta (near Emory University). The conference and competitive pre-conference workshop is co-hosted by CFAR at Emory, Emory Center for Health in Aging, and the Emory School of Nursing. The new deadline for workshop applications is Friday, September 22. Scholarships are available for registration and/or travel. See additional information below and please help us spread the word.
Workshop target group: Junior faculty qualifying as early stage and new investigators and post-doctoral fellows who have already identified a research topic at the intersection of HIV and Aging about which they have a research idea. Some pilot data for a planned application for research support would be a plus, but is not a requirement.
- To provide mentoring and support to early career investigators intending to pursue research projects at the intersection of HIV and Aging
- To offer constructive feedback on research ideas
- To facilitate linkages between new and senior investigators in the fields of HIV and Aging
- To provide early career investigators with information about NIH support for research on HIV and Aging
- To provide information about the NIH grant application review process and to offer suggestions for successful grant applications
- To provide opportunities for feedback from and networking with NIH program officers
- To exit the workshop with a revised Aims page (and, possibly, a clarified sense of the project’s design and methods)
Use these links to apply for the workshop and register for the conference and read more