Third Coast CFAR congratulates Dr. Matthew Feinstein, a Third Coast CFAR member and Developemntal Core Awardee, for his study published in JAMA cardiology on how the current methods to predict the risk of heart attack and stroke vastly underestimate the risk in individuals with HIV. Read the article HIV patients have nearly twice the heart attack risk here.
- The Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus (CBGMC) Invites Applications for Executive Director
- Celeste Watkins-Hayes Addressed “injuries of inequality” in the HIV/AIDS pandemic at AIDS 2020: Virtual
- University of Chicago Invites Applications for Chief of Section of Infectious Diseases and Global Health
- Dr. Danijela Maric Selected for NHLBI HIV-related Comorbidities K12 Scholar Award
- Dr. Steven Thrasher Awarded Ford Foundation Creativity and Free Expression Grant
- CFAR RFAs for Pilot Awards and Community Collaborative Awards on HIV and HIV-related Comorbidities, including COVID-19