Johns Hopkins University Center for AIDS Research announces applications are now open for its 2023-2024 AFRICURE Developmental Award. Part of the CFAR Africure program, the AFRICURE Developmental Award will bestow five grants of $150,000 for one year, plus applicable indirect costs. This program intends to attract highly talented early- and mid-career stage investigators from sub-Saharan Africa to address critical questions related to HIV cure research. Recipients of the awards will be mentored by and collaborate with established HIV investigators across CFARs and affiliated institutions in Africa. An annual mentoring workshop will be held for awardees in conjunction with an international HIV research meeting, such as CROI, the NIH HIV Cure Strategies Workshop, the annual ACTG Network Meeting, or as a stand-alone meeting in Africa.
- The budget for the grants is a maximum of $150,000 per year in direct costs for one year, plus applicable indirect costs.
- These funds may be used for salary, technical support, laboratory supplies, equipment, travel to the collaborating CFAR institution, a scientific conference, or other training activities.
- Concept Proposal due: November 10, 2023
- Notification of Outcome: November 27, 2023
- Invited Applications due: January 22, 2024
- Notification of Outcome: February 19, 2024
To learn more about the AFRICURE Developmental Award and apply, please visit here.