The Third Coast Center for AIDS Research will host its symposium on October 16, 2023. The symposium will include a poster session and reception. The planning committee invites abstracts on research that address the NIH Office of AIDS Research priorities:
- Reduce the Incidence of HIV, including supporting the development of safe and effective vaccines, microbicides and pre-exposure prophylaxis.
- Develop next-generation HIV therapies with improved safety and ease of use.
- Conduct research toward an HIV cure.
- Address HIV-associated comorbidities, coinfections, and complications through research designed to decrease and/or manage these conditions.
- Advance cross-cutting areas of research in the basic sciences, behavioral and social sciences, epidemiology, implementation science, information dissemination, and research training.
Abstracts will be competitively selected. Priority will be given to early stage investigators, as well as assistant professors who are R01-funded. Established investigators, postdoctoral fellows and other trainees, students, and staff are also eligible. Abstracts are limited to 350 words maximum and must be organized in the following four sections:
Submission and Timeline
Please note the abstract submissions deadline has passed and selections have been shared with all abstract submitters.