Recently published in the Lancet HIV, “The Last Black Man with HIV in San Francisco: the Potential Role of Gentrification on HIV Getting to Zero Achievements,” was written by Third Coast CFAR members Drs. Jade Pagkas-Bather, Jonathan Ozik, Greg Millett, and John Schneider. The article explores the role of gentrification of Black neighborhoods on HIV elimination efforts using San Francisco as an example. The piece asks readers to consider the impact of displacement of Black persons on how close a jurisdiction is to meeting 90-90-90 targets given disparities in access to PrEP and HIV treatment as prevention.
- Congratulations to 2022 CFAR and EHE Supplement Awardees
- Darnell Motley Selected by NIMH for K08 Award
- Community Engagement Coordinator Position (NU Infectious Diseases)
- Pilot and Infrastructure Funds – NU Emerging and Re-emerging Pathogens Program
- RFA – CFAR Adelante Program
- CFAR Communication Coordinator Position