The Institute for Sexual and Gender Minority Health and Wellbeing (ISGMH; https://www.isgmh.northwestern.edu) is seeking applicants for a Sr. Research Study Coordinator. Coordinates & completes the day to day administrative & technical activities involved in a single complex, large, nationwide or multiple moderately complex concurrent biomedical &/or social-behavioral research study(ies) involving multiple sites& /or longitudinal assessments/ interventions. Ensures that all activities are completed by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
This position will help to steer to the day-to-day research activities of the Implementation Science Coordination, Consultation, and Collaboration Initiative (ISC3I; https://isc3i.isgmh.northwestern.edu). ISC3I is the national coordinating center for the 65+ CFAR/ARC (Centers for AIDS Research/AIDS Research Centers) research-practice partnerships funded as part of the HHS Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) Initiative. EHE recognizes that we have all the tools to end the epidemic in the U.S.; however, significant implementation challenges remain that prevent people from accessing these tools at the right time. The research aims of ISC3I are to identify, collate, and disseminate shared measures and best practices related to implementation research frameworks, outcomes, determinants, and strategies in the field of HIV. The service aims are to work with funded regional Hubs to provide training and support, resources, and expert consultation for academic researchers and practice-based partners on funded HIV projects around implementation science.
The Sr. Research Study Coordinator will work with a collaborative team of staff and faculty to primarily conduct several systematic literature reviews. These reviews will help identify common barriers and facilitators to prevention and care quality along the HIV continuum as well as effective implementation strategies that promote better health outcomes for people vulnerable to or living with HIV/AIDS. With direction from faculty, the Coordinator will conduct literature searches, select relevant articles by applying specific criteria, summarize and visualize data, write up results in research manuscripts, and provide instruction to other supporting staff involved in the research activities.
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research studies.
- Reviews project & protocol & recommends strategies to expedite study.
- Administers tests &/or questionnaires following protocols.
- Collects, compiles, tabulates &/or processes responses.
- Gathers information.
- Monitors & maintains systems for effective participant and data flow for studies.
- Manages study databases which may include ensuring that data is collected & entered correctly.
- Reviews & analyzes data.
- Creates computer models, graphs, reports & summaries for use in publications, professional journals, & grant applications.
- Co-authors scientific papers for presentation & publication.
- Maintains & reconciles expenditures & balances in regard to research accounts & budgets.
- May provide work direction &/or train other research staff to interview/test participants.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Instructions: Please submit an application, resume, and cover letter through the Northwestern University careers portal (https://careers.northwestern.edu) to Job ID #39530.