Under the supervision of the Co-Principal Investigators and the Project Director, the Research Assistant will coordinate with the team to manage daily processes of the Keeping it LITE study (UH3AI133676) as specified by the funders, as detailed in the protocol, and as regulated by the Cook County Health Institutional Review Board.
- Answers participant’s general inquiries about study
- Assists participants in completing study procedures
- Processes test kit orders and incentives for study procedures
- Conducts data entry and quality assurance between databases
- Meets with youth advisory board
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS – Knowledge/Skills/Experience
- Excellent communication skills with young, sexual, gender, racial and ethnically diverse communities is required.
- Excellent organizational skills with email, web messaging, calendar, creating and managing cloud documents as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of sexual health topics such as HIV/STI education and prevention is preferred.
- Knowledge of LGBTQ+ health topics such as sex, dating, relationships is preferred.
- Experience using design applications, such as Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat for advertising/marketing is desired.
- Experience using database applications, such as REDcap, Qualtrics is desired.
- Experience conducting human subjects research, such as data entry, conducting surveys, one-on-one interviewing, or facilitating focus group is desired.